Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Fettuccine
- Servings: 6
Indulge in the earthy, tangy flavors of Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Fettuccine. This elegant dish is sure to impress your taste buds.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Fettuccine|
|24 oz||assorted wild mushrooms, sliced|
|1||red onion, finely chopped|
|3||garlic cloves, minced|
|16 tsps||coarse salt|
|freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1/4 cup||white wine|
|3 tsps||fresh thyme, chopped|
|6 oz||crumbled goat cheese|
|1/4 cup||walnuts, chopped|
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and mushrooms and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning garlic. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add white wine and cook mixture until liquid is almost evaporated. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Add cooked pasta, goat cheese, and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. Stir and add more pasta water until cheese is melted and sauce achieves desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper finished dish to taste, top with chopped walnuts and serve.