- Servings: 4-6
Layers of tender noodle, savory tomato sauce, and a medley of veggies make this Vegetable Lasagna light, flavorful, and perfect for summer.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Lasagna|
|8 oz||sliced fresh mushrooms|
|3/4 cup||green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 cup||onion, chopped|
|2 each||garlic cloves, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1 jar (24oz)||pasta sauce|
|1 tsp||dried basil leaves|
|1 tsp||dried oregano leaves|
|1 container (15oz)||ricotta cheese|
|3 cups||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese|
- Prepare pasta according to package direction. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, cook mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in pasta sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella and eggs; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with half each the lasagna (overlapping in dish), ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup sauce and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering. Top with remaining 1/2 cup sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Cover; bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover. Let stand 15 minutes. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.