Twist on Chicken and Cheese
- Servings: 5
Juicy chicken breast with gooey melted cheese and pimento. Our Twist on Chicken and Cheese is classic comfort food that's sure to satisfy.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Rotini|
|1 cup||celery, chopped|
|1/4 cup||onion, chopped|
|3 Tbsps||all purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp||chopped fresh tarragon leaves|
|1/4 tsp||white pepper|
|3 cups||American cheese, grated|
|2 cups||cooked chicken, diced|
|1 jar||(4 oz) pimientos, chopped|
|1 cup||seasoned bread crumbs|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In medium size saucepan, melt butter. Cook celery and onion in butter until celery is tender. Do not brown.
- Stir is flour. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, add salt, tarragon, white pepper and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Combine cooked pasta, cheese sauce, chicken and pimiento.
- Pour into a 3-quart baking dish, garnish with bread cubes. Bake in 350º F oven for 30 minutes.