Thin Spaghetti with Meatballs and Sauce
- Servings: 6-8
Twirl your fork in a plate of classic Italian comfort food. Tender thin spaghetti, hearty meatballs, and a tangy, homemade sauce. Mangia!
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Thin Spaghetti|
|1 1/2 lbs||ground beef|
|1/3 cup||dry bread crumbs|
|1/3 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 each||eggs, beaten|
|1 Tbsp||chopped parsley|
|1 1/2 tsp||garlic salt|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup||vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup||onion, chopped|
|1 each||garlic clove, minced|
|2 cans (14oz)||tomato purée|
|1 can (6oz)||tomato paste|
|1/2 tsp||dried basil leaves|
|1/2 tsp||dried oregano leaves|
|grated Parmesan cheese (optional)|
- In large bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 2-inch balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add meatballs. Cook until browned; drain.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato pureé, water, tomato paste, salt, basil, oregano, and remaining ground black pepper; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Serve hot pasta with sauce and meatballs; sprinkle with cheese, if desired.