Thin Spaghetti with Chunky Meat Sauce
- Servings: 8
Thin spaghetti smothered in a robust, chunky meat sauce with savory ground beef, sweet tomatoes, and Italian sausage. Comfort food is king.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Thin Spaghetti|
|1 1/2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|1 large||onion, chopped|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2 lb||ground beef|
|1/2 lb||sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|1 can||(28 oz) imported plum tomatoes, crushed with juice|
|1 can||(6 oz) tomato paste|
|1 tsp||dried basil leaves|
|1/4 tsp||dried thyme leaves|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add onion and garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes or until tender; add ground beef and sausage slices. Cook until brown; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 20 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over hot pasta.