- Servings: 4
Simple and delicious, this 20 minute meal is the perfect go-to recipe for a busy weeknight.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Penne Rigate|
|1 Tbsp||garlic, minced|
|1 can||(14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, drained|
|1 tsp||dried basil leaves|
|2/3 cup||heavy cream|
|2 Tbsps||grated Parmesan cheese|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add garlic. Cook 1 minute; do not brown.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Add diced tomatoes with 1/4 cup reserved juice, basil, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until most liquid is reduced.
- Add cream; heat through on low heat 1 minute or until thickened.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.