Spicy Linguine and Mussels Marinara
- Servings: 6
Impress your guests with the flavor and sophistication of this linguine and spicy mussels dish.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Linguine|
|3 Tbsps||olive oil|
|2/3 cup||onion, chopped|
|6||garlic cloves, minced|
|1 can||(28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 tsp||dried oregano leaves|
|1/4 tsp||ground red pepper (cayenne)|
|1/4 tsp||finely chopped parsley|
|1/2 cup||dry white wine|
|36||mussels or clams, scrubbed and beards removed from the mussels|
|2 Tbsps||tomato paste|
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; cook onion and garlic until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes with juice, oregano, salt, cayenne, parsley and wine; heat to boiling. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Add mussels in shells to sauce; cook, covered, 3 to 5 minutes or until opened. Discard mussels that do not open. With slotted spoon, remove mussels.
- Add tomato paste to sauce; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove 2 dozen mussels from shells; add to sauce. Toss pasta and sauce; serve garnished with remaining mussels in shells.