Spaghetti Carbonara with Peas
- Servings: 4
Crispy bacon, garlic, sweet green peas, grated Parmesan cheese ~ served tossed with spaghetti.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Spaghetti|
|4 thick slices||bacon, diced|
|1/2 cup||frozen peas|
|3 large||garlic cloves, minced|
|1 cup||grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|coarse salt, optional|
|freshly ground black pepper, optional|
|chopped parsley (optional)|
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes; drain excess drippings. Add frozen peas and stir for another 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Add chopped garlic to bacon and pea mixture and cook about 1 minute (do not burn garlic).
- Reduce heat to low and quickly stir in cooked pasta, egg mixture, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and toss. Stir in reserved pasta water a little at a time until creamy.
- Turn off heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.