Rotini with Eggplant, Tomatoes and Feta
- Servings: 6
Twirls of tender rotini pasta bathed in a rich tomato sauce, roasted eggplant, and crumbled feta cheese. A flavor explosion in every bite.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Rotini|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|1||eggplant (about 1/2 lb), unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1/3 cup||chicken stock|
|15 oz||diced tomatoes|
|3 Tbsps||fresh basil leaves|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|crumbled feta cheese|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant and sauté 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in stock and cook until eggplant is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss cooked pasta with eggplant mixture and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and served topped with cheese.