Angel Hair with Tomatoes and Basil
- Servings: 6
A simple and delicious pasta toss made with tomatoes, garlic and Parmesan cheese, ingredients synonymous with classic Italian cuisine.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Angel Hair|
|1/4 cup||extra virgin olive oil|
|8||garlic cloves, chopped|
|3 lbs||cherry tomatoes|
|2 cups||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|1 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|freshly ground black pepper|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup cooking water.
- Add olive oil to a large pot and turn heat to medium-high. When oil is simmering, add tomatoes and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and reduce heat to medium. Mix tomatoes and garlic together for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add 1 cup pasta water to the tomato mixture and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Tomatoes should break apart at this point.
- Toss mixture with cooked pasta and season generously with salt and pepper. Add basil and Parmesan cheese and toss just before serving.