Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Shells and Creamy Brie Sauce
- Servings: 6
San Giorgio 100th Anniversary Winning Recipe- our thanks to Grand Prize Winner Kristie from Baltimore, MD Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with creamy ricotta, wrapped in salty prosciutto, and smothered in a decadent brie sauce. Irresistible.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Jumbo Shells|
|1||small sweet onion, peeled and chopped|
|4||garlic cloves, minced|
|2 cups||fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped|
|2 Tbsps||Italian seasoning|
|2||(14 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped|
|2 cups||shredded cooked chicken|
|1/2 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 cups||(16 oz) Alfredo sauce|
|8 oz||Brie cheese|
|8 slices||sliced prosciutto, julienned|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 11-12 minutes.
- Drain and place on towel to cool. In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Once tender and starting to brown add the spinach, Italian seasoning, artichokes, chicken, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 3-4 minutes until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a sauce pan on medium low heat, add the Alfredo sauce. Then add the Brie cheese and whisk until the cheese is melted.
- Pour half of the Alfredo/Brie sauce into a 9×13 inch pan covering the bottom.
- Stuff the shells with the filling and wrap a slice of prosciutto around each shell. Arrange shells in baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with an additional 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until top is brown and bubbly.