One Pan Pizza Dinner
- Servings: 4
No need to order pizza tonight! In just 30 minutes you can make a cheesy dish topped with pepperoni that the whole family will love.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Rotini|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1 small||onion, chopped|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|8 oz||Italian sausage links|
|1 can||(15 oz) tomato sauce|
|1 tsp||dried basil leaves|
|1 1/2 cups||water|
|1 cup||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|4 oz||sliced pepperoni|
|1 small||bunch Italian parsley, chopped (optional)|
|salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large oven-safe pan. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Remove Italian sausage from casing and cook until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. When the sausage is almost done, add the garlic, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently so the garlic does not burn. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, pasta, dried basil and 1 ½ cups of water to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil, cover tightly and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Season with salt and ground pepper, to taste.
- Turn off heat and top with mozzarella and pepperoni. Cover again for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted.
- Garnish with Italian parsley, if desired.
For an extra crispy topping, broil for 2 to 3 minutes in the oven, but only if your pan is oven-safe.