- Servings: 5
Get ready for a taste of home with our Macaroni Pie, featuring tender pasta baked to perfection with a creamy and cheesy filling.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Elbow Macaroni|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1 medium||onion, chopped|
|2 cups||pasta sauce|
|1/4 cup||all purpose flour|
|1 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|3/4 cup||seasoned Italian bread crumbs|
- Preheat oven to 375 º F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and salt until beef is browned; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; simmer 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- In large saucepan, melt margarine. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Stir in half of the white sauce; blend well. Return egg mixture to white sauce in pan. Heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and pasta.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch pie plate and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Spread 2/3 of the elbow mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate. Spread meat mixture evenly over pasta. Spread remaining pasta mixture evenly over meat; sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs. Bake 30 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Cut into wedges and serve.