Penne di Parma
- Servings: 4
Indulge in the flavors of Italy with our Penne di Parma, featuring tender pasta, savory prosciutto, and a creamy parmesan sauce.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Penne Rigate|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1 1/2 cups||(4 oz) sliced mushrooms|
|2 oz||prosciutto, cut into pieces|
|1/2 cup||light cream|
|1/4 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup||parsley, chopped|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add garlic and mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add prosciutto, milk and cream; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat; add 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.