Jumbo Shells with Cheese Filling
- Servings: 9
This traditional stuffed shells recipe will become a family favorite.
|12 oz||San Giorgio® Jumbo Shells|
|4 cups||ricotta cheese|
|2 cups||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup||shaved Parmesan cheese|
|1 Tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|1/4 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1/8 tsp||ground nutmeg|
|1 jar||(24 oz) pasta sauce|
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce.
- Fill each cooked shell with about 1-1/2 level tablespoons cheese mixture; layer one-half filled shells in-prepared dish.
- Spread one-half remaining sauce over shells; layer remaining filled shells over sauce.
- Spread remaining sauce over shells; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cover with foil; bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly (doubling recipe or more may require increased baking time).