Angel Hair with Meat Sauce
- Servings: 8
- Prep: 15
- Cook Time: 90
Deliciously delicate angel hair pasta tossed in a rich and savory meat sauce. This dish is heavenly comfort food for any pasta lover.
|1/4 cup||onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup||celery, chopped|
|1 each||garlic clove, minced|
|2 Tbsps||vegetable oil|
|1/2 lb||ground beef|
|1/2 lb||ground lean pork|
|2 cups||diced tomato|
|2 cans||tomato paste|
|1/2 cup||chopped green pepper|
|1 cup||mushrooms, sliced|
|2 Tbsps||grated parmesan cheese|
|2 Tbsps||minced parsley|
|1 1/2 tsps||Salt|
|1 tsp||fresh oregano leaves|
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Angel Hair|
- Sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil 2 minutes.
- Add beef and pork and brown. Remove excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, green pepper, mushrooms, cheese, parsley, salt and oregano.
- Cover and simmer to desired consistency, 1 1⁄4 to 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over pasta.