- Servings: 4
- Prep: 30
- Cook Time: 30
Take a trip to Florence with our Manicotti Florentine. Tender pasta stuffed with spinach and ricotta and topped with marinara sauce.
|8 each||San Giorgio® Manicotti|
|1 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1 each||onion, chopped|
|1 large||garlic clove, minced|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|5 oz||frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained|
|1/4 cup||grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|1/2 tsp||fresh oregano leaves|
|1 1/2 cups||pasta sauce|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium skillet and sauté onion and garlic 2 minutes. Add ground beef and brown.
- Drain spinach thoroughly and add to meat. Cook 5 minutes. Drain off liquid. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and oregano. Cool.
- Fill pasta tubes with mixture.
- Combine sauce with water, pour 1/2 cup of the mixture into a 7 x 11-inch baking dish. Arrange filled pasta tubes in dish and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.