Double-Smoked Bacon & Gouda Mac and Cheese
- Servings: 8
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
Indulge in the smoky, creamy goodness of Double-Smoked Bacon and Gouda Macaroni and Cheese. This decadent dish is a must-try.
|12 oz||San Giorgio® Large Elbows|
|8 slices||double-smoked bacon, chopped|
|2 pieces||onion, thinly sliced|
|2 pieces||garlic cloves, minced|
|2 tsps||fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 piece||sprig of fresh rosemary|
|3 Tbsps||all purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp||ground black pepper|
|2 cups||smoked Gouda cheese, shredded|
|1 cup||Cheddar cheese|
|3/4 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated and divided|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 cup||panko bread crumbs|
|2 Tbsps||fresh chives, chopped|
- Cook pasta according to package to al dente.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large high-sided skillet or saucepan set over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until fat is rendered and bacon is golden and crisp around edges. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Remove all but 2 Tbsp bacon fat from skillet; add butter and onions. Cook, stirring often, for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in garlic, thyme and rosemary; cook for about 2 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until incorporated.
- Slowly whisk in milk, pepper and salt; bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Stir in gouda, cheddar, 1/2 cup Parmesan and mustard until cheese melts. Stir in cooked pasta and half of the bacon. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with remaining Parmesan and bacon. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.