Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Servings: 6
Looking for a healthier mac and cheese option? Try Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. This creamy, delicious dish is a guilt-free indulgence.
|1 cup||San Giorgio® Elbow Macaroni|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil, divided|
|1/3 cup||panko bread crumbs|
|2 Tbsps||chopped parsley|
|2 cups||cauliflower florets|
|3||garlic cloves, minced|
|1 medium||onion, diced|
|1/2 cup||reduced fat sour cream|
|1/4 cup||2% milk|
|1 cup||shredded Gruyere cheese|
|1/2 cup||shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|salt, to taste|
|ground black pepper, to taste|
|non-stick cooking spray|
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add panko breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Within the last 3 minutes of cooking time, add cauliflower florets; drain well.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pot. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, cauliflower, sour cream, milk and cheeses, a handful at a time, until smooth; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional panko breadcrumbs, if desired.