Chicken Parm Baked Ziti
- Servings: 8
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with Chicken Parm Baked Ziti. This Italian American classic is cheesy, saucy, and oh-so-satisfying.
|12 oz||San Giorgio® Ziti|
|non-stick cooking spray|
|2 cups||shredded cooked chicken|
|1 jar||(24 oz) tomato basil pasta sauce|
|1 1/2 cups||shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|1/3 cup||freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|1/4 cup||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat an 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain.
- Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and pasta sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour half of the pasta into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil.
- Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and sprinkle immediately with the remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve warm.