Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
- Servings: 5
An indulgent mash-up of two comfort food classics — cheesy mac and beefy burgers in one mouthwatering dish. Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese.
|2 cups||San Giorgio® Elbow Macaroni|
|2 cups||diced tomatoes in juice (plain or seasoned)|
|1/4 cup||finely chopped onion|
|2 Tbsps||sweet pickle relish|
|2 tsps||prepared yellow mustard|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|16||frozen prepared meatballs|
|2 cups||shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1/3 cup||light sour cream|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Stir the diced tomatoes and their juices with the ketchup, onion, relish, mustard, salt and pepper in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Remove from heat.
- Stir the hot pasta into the tomato sauce. Stir in the sour cream until combined. Adding a handful at a time, stir in the cheddar until melted.