BLT Macaroni Salad
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Cook Time: 25 mins
A fresh take on macaroni salad with crispy bacon - it's the perfect addition to your next picnic!
|2 cups||San Giorgio® Elbow Macaroni|
|8 oz||bacon slices, cut in 1” pieces|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|2/3 cup||crème fraiche|
|2 cups||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|4 cups||baby arugula, chopped|
|2 Tbsps||fresh chives, chopped|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon over medium heat until almost crisp. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Stir garlic and lemon zest into pan with bacon and let cook 2 to 3 minutes. Turn to medium-low heat and add sour cream into mixture.
- Add pasta and tomatoes; stir until pasta is warmed through and tomatoes are slightly softened, about 1 minute. Mix in arugula, stirring until wilted, about 30 seconds, and turn off heat.
- Add chopped chives and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.