Penne with Spicy Vodka Sauce
- Servings: 4
Indulge in the bold, spicy flavors of our Penne with Spicy Vodka Sauce. Tender pasta in a creamy tomato sauce with a kick of chili — delizioso!
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Penne Rigate|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|3||garlic cloves, smashed|
|1 can||(14 oz) tomato purée|
|3/4 cup||heavy cream|
|1/4 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup||grated Parmigiano-Reggiano|
|coarse salt, optional|
|freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 to 1 ½ cups of pasta water.
- Add olive oil to a large pan, sauté shallots and garlic over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes; or, until shallots are translucent (do not burn garlic).
- Add vodka, stir, and allow to reduce 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle in 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce over low heat, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat. If desired, add more salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Add more crushed red pepper flakes if you prefer a spicier sauce.