Orzo Con Pollo
- Servings: 6
Deliciously seasoned with the bold flavors of saffron and cumin to make a satisfying meal.
|6 oz||San Giorgio® Orzo|
|1 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|6||chicken thighs and legs, bone in|
|2 1/4 cups||chicken broth, divided|
|1 1/2 tsps||ground cumin powder|
|1 tsp||garlic salt|
|1/2 tsp||hot pepper sauce|
|2 cups||chopped fresh tomatoes|
|2/3 cup||frozen peas|
|2/3 cup||green bell pepper, diced|
|4 Tbsps||diced pimiento, drained|
- In Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken pieces; cook until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir seasonings into remaining chicken broth; add to chicken. Heat to boiling.
- Stir in uncooked pasta. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in vegetables; cover and cook 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed.