Creamy Fettuccine with Bacon and Leeks
- Servings: 4
Creamy Fettuccine with Bacon and Leeks is comfort food at its finest. This crispy, savory dish is the perfect way to indulge yourself.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Fettuccine|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|4 thick slices||bacon, diced|
|2||medium leeks, cut in half lengthwise and sliced|
|3/4 cup||heavy cream|
|2 tsps||Italian seasoning blend|
|1 cup||freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|salt, to taste|
|freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Start a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, until fat is rendered and bacon is begins to get crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the leeks and season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, until leeks begin to brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, cooking until al dente or slightly undercooked or chewy. Drain pasta, reserving 2 cups pasta cooking liquid. The pasta will finish cooking in the cream sauce.
- After leeks are browned, add cream, Italian herb seasoning, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup of parmesan to sauce and stir to coat. Increase heat to medium and continue stirring, adding more cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta.
- Top with ground pepper and some additional parmesan cheese.