Frog Eye Salad
- Servings: 4 to 6
Cooked Acini di Pepe gently folded in with vanilla pudding, crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges and whipped topping with just the right touch of shredded coconut.
|8 oz||San Giorgio® Acini Di Pepe|
|1 can(20 oz.)||pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved|
|1 3/4 cups||milk|
|1 pkg(3.4 oz.)||instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1 can(8 oz.)||crushed pineapple, drained|
|2 cans(11 oz.)||mandarin oranges, drained|
|2 cups||whipped topping|
|3 cups||miniature marshmallows|
|1/2 cup||shredded coconut|
|maraschino cherries, if desired|
- Prepare pasta in boiling water 11 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, beat 1/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar and pudding for 2 minutes.
- Set aside a few mandarin slices and some of the coconut to top the salad, if desired.
- Gently stir in cooked pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with mandarins, coconut, and maraschino cherries, if desired. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.