Chicken and Veggie Pot Pie Soup
- Servings: 8
- Prep: 10
- Cook Time: 70
Tender chicken, colorful veggies, and flaky, buttery pasta, all bathing in a creamy sauce. Warm your soul with every bite of our pot pie.
|12 oz||San Giorgio® Pot Pie Squares|
|4 1/2 lbs||stewing chicken, cut into pieces|
|1/2 tsp||ground black pepper|
|2 cups||potatoes, peeled and diced|
|1 1/2 cups||carrots, sliced diagonally|
|1 cup||celery, chopped|
|1 cup||diced onion|
|2 Tbsps||parsley, chopped|
- In 5-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, cook chicken in boiling water with salt, saffron, if desired and pepper until done (about 45 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pot; set aside. Skim off excess fat, if desired.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery and onion; heat to boiling and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and uncooked pasta; boil 11 to 13 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones; cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- Stir chicken into Pot Pie mixture; heat thoroughly.