Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Servings: 7
The combination of savory chicken and tangy sun-dried tomatoes makes for a rich, delicious meal that's sure to please everyone at the table.
|12 oz||San Giorgio® Cavatappi|
|1 cup||chicken broth|
|1/2 cup||sun-dried tomatoes, sliced|
|1 cup||fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup||green onion, chopped|
|3 each||garlic cloves, minced|
|1/3 cup||dry red wine|
|1 lb||boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed|
|2 Tbsps||olive oil|
|2 Tbsps||gluten free cornstartch|
|2 Tbsps||fresh basil leaves|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In small bowl, combine chicken broth and tomatoes; let stand 15 minutes.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in wine until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes; remove mixture from skillet.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add tomato and mushroom mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir together milk and cornstarch; stir into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to medium and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in basil. Serve over hot cooked pasta.