- Servings: 8
- Prep: 20
- Cook Time: 50
Baked rotini corkscrew pasta tossed with zesty tomato sauce, meat, and melted cheese, it's the perfect comfort food for any occasion.
|16 oz||San Giorgio® Rotini|
|1 lb||ground beef|
|1 each||onion, chopped|
|1 each||green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 each||garlic clove, minced|
|28 oz||diced tomatoes, undrained|
|6 oz||tomato paste|
|4 oz||sliced mushrooms, undrained|
|1/2 tsp||fresh basil leaves|
|1/2 tsp||oregano leaves, crushed|
|1/4 tsp||garlic powder|
|1/4 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 cups||reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In medium skillet, combine ground beef, onion and green pepper. Cook until beef is brown and green pepper is tender; drain. Stir in next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine cooked pasta and meat sauce; mix well.
- Layer 1/2 the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish; top with 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining mixture and cheese.
- Bake in 350ºF oven until hot, 20 to 30 minutes.