Bow Ties with Broccoli Raab
- Servings: 6
Delicate bowtie pasta tossed with bitter and nutty broccoli rabe, garlic, and spicy red pepper flakes. A simple yet flavorful dish.
|12 oz||San Giorgio® Farfalle|
|3 cups||broccoli raab, fresh|
|6||anchovy fillets, optional|
|1/3 cup||olive oil|
|2||garlic cloves, pressed|
|1/4 tsp||crushed red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup||grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli to pasta cooking water during last 3 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl with back of spoon, crush anchovy into a smooth paste.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add anchovy paste, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Cook 1 minute; DO NOT BROWN garlic.
- Stir hot pasta and broccoli into oil and garlic mixture, tossing thoroughly to coat well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and salt to taste; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.